Sunday, July 29, 2007

LA Confidential










Ok thats enough of the spooning post.








Yes this week I was in LA. Mostly on business but every morning I woke up at 530 to go jog/waddle on the beach. Hermosa beach... wide open with a concrete sidewalk fro biking jogging walking or roller blading. You can go for miles. Hundred of people do. The sidewalk is busy all day .
I saw a for lease sign on one of these beach side units. 7500$ a month for nothing shorter than a one year lease.
It got me thinking. If I took a year and lived on the beach would I love it or would I be bored. probably 100k$ ---one year. Could I turn it all off for a year and just concentrate on my health. Ride the bike 20 miles every morning. Play beach volleyball, walk the beach in the evenings, focus on low fat no carbohydrate food. 100K$ is a big bill.
This is all the result of having lunch with my university buddy. We are both overweight and running 100 miles an hour jobs. We agreed that at his point what we need most is health. At 48 the career is achieved but we are going to need our health. Both our fathers work out every day and are in better shape than we are. We now have a pact to get in shape by 50. Real shape.
So I am on an exercise binge- hence the jogging on the beach, the big bike ride yesterday, the one hour of swimming. But will it be enough? If I had the 100K$ would I go for it?
Probably not. I love work too much. I would never blow 100K even if I had it. I am a little too conservative to live in Hermosa Beach California for a year. Its sad. I hate myself for even saying that.

5 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger guttergirl said...

That is the trouble with being sensible. You can't turn it off and be irresponsible no matter how much you want to be.
Congratulations on your new goal. Good luck!
Here's hoping you find a way to unwind, relax and focus on yourself without costing $100000.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger "L'état, c’est moi." said...

I gotta say - it's hard to commit to a workout plan, and even harder to stick with it.

But having a personal trainer has really helped me stick with it, and in four months I've seen a lot of fitness progress. The scale, well, not so much, but I predict that soon it'll drop off rapidly.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you were able to mix business with pleasure! ;-)

Being healthy can only bring positive effects to your body & soul!

Take care.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Reasonable Female said...

Congrats on your goal. I've one similar. Seems to be a lot of waking up and smelling the coffee going on these days. :)

I hear ya on that whole hate yourself for even saying it thing.

All my life I've done the mostly safe thing, all the while wishing I'd just taken the other road ... always thinking they're be time for it, and now realizing that no, probably not...

sighs...

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Pretty beach.
Like to go there too!
No running for me. Just a long lazy walk enjoying the beach air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home