Saturday, June 23, 2007

mexico...interesting


This week I was in Mexico for a couple of days. I will make the following observations.


1) Monterrey is not nearly as poor a place as you imagine. Its coming closer to looking like an american city. Construction in many places, lots of car dealers, fewer very poor neighborhoods


2) ten years ago mexico was a bargain, now the prices are still lower but they start to approach america...In the airport a coke and a sandwich cost me 6$ US... it would be 9 in the US


3) Mexico has been defeated many times in war and it hurts their psyche, The Museum tour guide went through the history of mexico and the various times mexico city had been ravaged by the spanish, the french and the americans, not to mention the various civil wars. It struck me that had even one of these events gone differently Mexico might be a powerhouse today.


4) Mexico is the 11th largest economy in the world...


5) The food is fabulous... the scent and taste lingers with me even now...


6) They open your luggage manually in the open as you leave the country. Pack your private tings anywhere but the top. The poor woman with false breasts in the top of her suitcase in front of me just looked like she wanted to die...


7) The people are fun loving, big sense of family, proud.


8) The architecture and the history is interesting.. Did you know that when the spanish first entered Mexico city they encountered a rack with a 160 thousand heads of sacrifice victims..Did you know they had a french emperor?


all in all interesting...there was no time for fun but it was interesting... NO...the hockeyman does not find the museum fun.. but hey...




5 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Good to have you back!

I've never been to Mexico. Seems like you enjoyed yourself. And NO I didn't know that they had a French emperor. When I travel I enjoy sight seeing. Discovering the history and culture of the place is my favourite part of trip.

If you noticed the lady's breasts even if fake, they must have looked nice.. wink

I can relate with her feelings. I had that happen to me a few times and I was also devastated even if I had nothing to hide. Can't stand having strangers going through my stuff. I think it's a girl thing!

Keep on blogging!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

well the breasts were just sitting on top of her bag when they opened it up...

and when you looked at her you could see hwy she used them... It was not that she was small chested but she had a big trunk and so they looked disporportianate...

Yes.. all men are pigs and I am no exception but I do have an analytical bent as well...

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

I would love to go to Mexico!

Of course, to a resort and give me lots of beach, sand, sunshine and margaritas!!!!!!

I'm ready for a shot of Patron now.

By the way, thank you for your wonderfully positive comment.
I appreciate it so very much!!!!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Reasonable Female said...

so I'm dying to know, what does the hockeyman consider fun, if not the museum?

Hmm?

tru
welcome back by the way.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger guttergirl said...

I guess the one really big drawback to Mexico is that they don't have alot of hockey there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home