Saturday, February 17, 2007

Winter will soon be gone....


I know it was cold this week... I know it snowed. I know that planes were delayed for hours and those poor motorists were stuck on that highway for 25 hours in Pennsylvania..
But I like winter. Maybe more than summer... I was out on the ice for a couple of hours today... taking a few shots skating around.. the sun was warm on my face and I did not want winter to leave. It was perfect. maybe 35 degrees F..sunny...cold enough to still skate and warm enough not to need a parka.
I started the week turned off of work..tired of it all working the crisis a day mode.. But not travelling and snow shovelling every night relaxes me. Bundled up with parka and toque and good mitts the air so cold and dense its like you have to work hard to suck it in your lungs, all quiet except for the crunch of snow, it is great thinking time.. Time to relax ..see the evidence of your work and feel the heat that physical exertion brings. I shovelled the driveway.. the sidewalk, the neighbors driveway and the rink. My cheeks were burning by the time I came in and it was like my psyche was repaired.
I have not had the time to ski but that's up for next weekend. My job doesn't stop and on Sunday I go to LA for a couple of days but I will be back and I hope its cold and snowing when that happens. I unabashedly like winter.

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger SteakGirl said...

I've been in a bit of a work slump myself and I just discovered that playing hooky once in a while to go play in the snow or do whatever you really love helps. Good luck on getting more snow.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Winter is beautiful. I do enjoy a good snow how it glistens as it covers the earth in a mesmerizing white blanket. I love to breathe the air on a nice cold winter day. It seem so clean and crisp. It does make me come to life. I even like to see my breath as it comes out of my body.
But I am a summer girl. I can't wait to put on my shorts, flip flops, tank top and sit on my front porch and be warmed by the sun.
Many blessings to ya Hockey man!!!

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you're Canadian.. ;-)

I'm not into winter....

Summer is my season, can't wait for it to get here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home