Sunday, November 19, 2006

Maybe we have just moved on?


I was in Arizona all week with my colleagues from work mostly all Americans. We had meetings we had dinners.drinks.. .played golf.. (The hockeyman needs to stick to hockey) I was thinking on the plane coming home that the war in Iraq was not mentioned once.

I understand that in America particularly corporate America you do not talk about who you voted for or who you supported. The corporate uniform indicates that you are by default a republican although I am sure many vote democrat, but you do not sit around and talk about who you voted for. So maybe the recent election results quelled the conversation on the war, but it does seem striking that not one mention was made of it.

I wonder what it was like in world war two.. maybe it was like this, not much news until there is a major event. I will ask my parents. I myself find myself less interested in the news. 5 more killed today, car bomb killed 29 Iraqis, 7 policemen found bound and dead ...it seems like this is the news everyday. Maybe the armchair quarterbacks don't have any solutions? I sure don't -- send more troops restore control disarm the populace, or set a timeline for withdrawal to put pressure on the country to restore order. Neither plan strikes you as a winner...

I will ask the folks about WW2 and let you know. I just hope we don't forget about these soldiers who are doing a very very tough job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home