Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Glory of Life

At times I think we have to remind ourselves that in the midst of news of war, and poverty and crime that there is a lot of good in the world. Even in our own lives we look around and we see things that cause us pause and make us feel mad or sad, we have to shake ourselves and see the good around us.

I was mad at the world feeling mad about really nothing important, getting pressed for work, minor inconvenient in life.

My walk in the woods cured me. These are the good old days by many many measures. There is always poverty and violence and bad drivers and inconsiderate people, but I have to look past that a little, put a smile back on my face. It was beautiful out there today.. Bright sunshine almost 50 degrees, snow covered areas, peaceful ponds, rushing rivers, and majestic mountains.

I started out mad at myself for various sins and let the outdoor therapy pound away at me until I came to realize that life is grand. not perfect but life is good... I need to smile and hope this infects the world to be more charitable, to be less angry, more secular, and generally happier...

It was fabulous today....

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You turned out to be a really awesome human being. I'm glad I "know" you.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Your post reminded me of a great quote from Anne Frank:
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go ouside, somewhere they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then one feels that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

Blessings!
Great post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home