Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hockeyman the gardener


The hockeyman is quite the gardener. Happy with my begonia's au naturel...... This plucky fella is just will not be vanquished.

Just seeing the begonia made me happy. The neighbor who has to look at it out her front door asked me to remove it. I said sure but I just could not bring myself to do it. By now the hard frost in Ontario will have stiffed the little guy but maybe he is hanging in there.

I have been travelling like crazy for work and it really becomes tiresome. Not exercising, eating too much, tired from sleeping in different beds, no time to blog it all weighs on you. It takes that little hint of something special like my begonia to make me feel like I can stop for a few minutes.

I hope that I always look at that picture and wonder at the flower that started as a bit of bird terd or a spec of dust in the wind, and that I never look at that picture and think that I need to clean my eavestroughs...

smile its saturday

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

I just love that begonia! It makes me giggle just to think of it there. If I were your neighbour I would NEVER ask you to get rid of it.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

yes that begonia...I love it... I would go and take a picture of it even if I saw it on someone else's house.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

that pic surely does make think of the quote
"stop and the smell the flowers"
well, stop and smell the begonia!
That was totally cool!
Happy Weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home