Monday, October 02, 2006

Life at JFK

I know I travel way to much... Sunday I arived at JFK airport on my way to New Jersey for a couple of company meetings. Grate way to spend a sunday---- yes grate.

When you land at JFK which kind of looks like a tired old but very practical airport. You have to take the skytrain to get to the rental cars. I was with a collegue and we rushed on the train almost bumping into two soldiers with automatic weapons. We sat down. The one soldier never took his hand from the business position on the weapon. the other let it sling from his shoulder.
They stood idly a one end of the car as we travelled.

my collegue got off the train and said she was almost too scared to speak because of the men with their weapons.I smiled and laughed a little... my thought was entirely the opposite.... no matter what no one is doing anything the elas bit screwy in this train no matter what..not terrorists..pick pockets... teen agers looking for trouble... no one is messing with those guys. perspective...hard to predict...what makes us feel this way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home