Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hockey Morning In Canada

Hockey resurrects the spirit, the sweat washes away the tarnish and the cool air sharpens the senses.

Yes it was hockey morning in Canada. Some attend church Sunday mornings but I find my spirituality on the ice.

No I am not a hockey god or star of the game but I always want to be. I always want to be better even though I know that the downside is a more compelling argument.

When you are done and like today my shirt is soaked through and I can feel my heart still beating a mile a minute it I feel like I am on top of the world.. even though to be fair my play today was not only average but at a couple of juntures downright sloppy. I not only did not score but I cannot think of one play that was stellar and yet I feel fab.

Today was probably the last time this summer I will arrive at the rink in my shorts and sandals. Snow is a possibility for next weekend. Its funny, lots of guys say that they enjoy hockey more in the summer because they come to the rink in shorts. The only good thing about snow next weekend is that we are only 90 days from pond hockey..

yes.. the hockeyman loves hockey- go figure

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger guttergirl said...

It is truly a Canadian tradition isn't it. I don't think Non Canadians can really understand it.


He shoots---He scores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home