Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hike heaven



Todays hike was a test hike. About 5 miles all in up a hill to a lookout and then back around. I did the same one last year and felt completely bagged by the end of it. Not today!!!

I started my day with my Sunday morning hockey and yes the hockeyman bagged a couple of goals.

So this afternoon I decided I needed a test hike to see how I am feeling.. Better not perfect. The Weather was a beautiful 78 sunny a light breeze. My shirt was soaked through and I did stop a couple of times to sip water but truly I did the hike without a care in the world while last year I wondered if I would be able to make it back.. Progress..

There is something contemplative about wandering through the forest. You can see the peak in the distance and it looks so far away and unreachable and yet slowly but surely you arrive. I love that... I went alone today not because I was miserable but because I did not want to miss out on life...

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Great pics.
Ahhhh.....to be at one with nature.
So inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home