Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Afternoon-Where has the Ritual Gone?


I am sitting here in my office --happy its Friday afternoon. Happy --but there is no one to go have a drink with and its a perfect day for it.. Its August,the work is done, no one is chewing on me ---perfect for that patio moment when stories are told, the worlds problems get raised and life is lived.

How many fridays do we all miss. Next Friday I will be on a plane coming back from somewhere, stuffed in the seat s, crowded as friday planes always are, no life to be lived, just life to be existed. Shouldn't we revitalize the Friday afternoon "lets go for a drink". Shouldn't someone be calling me say hey Hockeyman ...we are all at Shanks we will save you a seat. or hey Hockeyman we need wine -meet me at the Drink... nada... too old, too work driven... too many people rushing around trying to get stuff done. Not enough sitting around feeling like these are great days...

so that's my day... I wish I was at a patio but instead I will probably go home and do yard work. We need to revitalize the Friday afterwork ritual. Mandatory for August at least.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger "L'état, c’est moi." said...

Amen brothah! I think we spend too much time on work and "chores" and not enough time at the patio on a Friday afternoon/evning unwinding the week and sliding into the weekend.

Maybe I'll slow down by the time I'm 40. Maybe.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger hockeyman said...

sure. sure sure...stick me by reminding me that I am well on the bad side of forty......

I may have to go drink...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger "L'état, c’est moi." said...

I'm only 16 months away from 40...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home