Sunday, October 22, 2006

Winter is coming





Today was a shorts day in Calgary but 45 minues west in the mountains winter is sliding through any opening. The hike was good/great. I saw one person when I was leaving the trailhead and I never saw another person until I returned 3 and half hours later. The snow is in any shaded area and I was only at lower elevations. You can see the snow as heavy on all of the upper mountains.

There was lots of wildlife about, two herds of mountain goats, a big buck on the drive in and a herd of deer on the way back. The deer are camera shy and dive for cover as the hockeyman lines them up. The mountain goats are less shy just turning their butts to the camera. There must be a message there somewhere.



You would think the hike would renew me - put a spring in my step. uh..no.. I struggled on the way back thinking I was an idiot for going that I went too far and that I am out of shape. so it was a self indulgent whine session instead of a joyous meeting of man and nature... now wonder I was treated to goatbutt - the shame of it all...

but you have to love the scenery...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home