Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tale of two cities


I was in Indianapolis and Chicago yesterday home of the superbowl combatants.
My day started in Indy where I was having breakfast downtown at one of the hotels and I was talking to the waitress. attractive black 40 ish... Her prediction for the game... Colts will lose.. I said you gotta be kidding me - I think the colts will kill them. She said but -they are the Colts. They always tease your heart and then tear it apart. She said its easier to think they will lose and then if they win it will be even better....
Then I went to the plant... and some of the Chicago middle management types had been around walking around with their Bear shirts on all week. The plant guys had done fun loving pranks on their cars with colt signs it was all fun... The guys in the plants were all for the colts and their great players but still they were not confident. Well if peyton has a good game... but you never know... colts always blow it.... etc etc...
The Chicago fans.. Bravado --giving 9 points.. windy city blowing into town taking the title and partying all night. Confidence in spite of the odds maker predictions. In spite of a quarterback who is a little erratic... completely erratic.. versus the poster boy of Quarterbacks
I spent a couple hours in Chicago on the way home. Same thing confidence in spite of facts.
Tale of two cities -Hosiers versus used car salesmen.
Prediction Colts 38 Bears 14. I am not a hoosier.. nor a used car saleman- I am a math guy.

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger SteakGirl said...

Wow...that's eerily close. Still, I'm sure any Bears fan would have decked you if you told them of your prediction before the game.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger NemesisNicole said...

I prefer hockey. It's just too funny watching them beat the piss out of each other. =)

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

hey steak girl..great to see you... I can hardly wait to see what feats of endurance you will conquer this spring...

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger hockeyman said...

Hey Nicole... just for you.. I put up a hocky fighting pic for the next post--thanks for stopping by..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home