Saturday, March 24, 2007

Optimism



The ice rink is finished and hockey season won't be far behind it. The snow is gone from the yard and we have already had an official shorts day....

Its always amazing how spring makes us feel optimistic. Tomorrow I will go on the first hike of the year- going nowhere but searching for the good feeling.. I know when I start I will be reticent.."why am I going" I could walk in the city" "its going to be muddy" " I bet the bears are just waking up and they will be hungry" etc etc...
But when its done I will have that satisfied smile the warm feeling that being in nature brings.. I will go myself and so I can think the whole time. what needs to be done..how I can improve.. etc etc...
I am looking at the trail map tonight planning the route..not to hard but not too tough either..
Its spring.. renewal is in the air lets walk or hike or bikram but lets be optimistic
The picture is from last April 23rd's hike so we are a month ahead I hope...

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring always puts me in a mood for love! ;-)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

I do hope you had a great hike.
Happy Spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home