Sunday, March 25, 2007

Renewal




I went for the first hike of the season today and I was renewed in my spirit and my strength.




What most amazed me from the hike was the incredible renewal that occurs in the forest. There were many many trees down like this one...many rotten ones snapped 20 feet up. Some were obvious candidates- they clung to the rock cliffs with seemingly no soil below them, while others were in the middle flat ground with no weakness apparent. Last year the spring floods decimated this area and changed many trails, this year a wind storm must have wreaked havoc.

The weak are pruned and the strong survive to fight another wild wind or wintery blast..

It was not the killer hike. It was tame, relatively flat with great scenery. Four and a half miles. It was flat so it was not too tough, a two advil hike. Snowed on the way there, was sunny, the wind came up and dumped a few ice pellets, just a regular day.

its a great time to think....








3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

You're lucky that you didn't run into a family of bears waking up!

Spring! always a wonderful time of the year to start anew.....

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Sazi said...

Hockeyman,

I must admit I was hoping to see more of hockey and less of trees but your sight did not disappoint in the end.

Love the pics.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

The power of nature and how when I am there I realize the creativity, the power and the love of God.
Reminds me of a wonderful quote from Anne Frank and so I will share--
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside. Somewhere they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Becuz only then one feels that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home