Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hockey... Hockey... Hockey

The playoffs approach. Its time to start a little hockey talk. I am torn. I have loved the Toronto maple leafs since I was born. I have lived and died with them. I am still mad at my parents for not letting me stay up and watch the final in 1967 the last time they won the cup.
Yes its true I like playing better than watching. This week was a good week for that as my company had some ice time in Toronto and I was in town so I went out to play with the boys. It was great. really great... I hadn't seen a lot of those guys in years and so they were running me and I was running them and fun was had by all. It makes me mad to be slow or make bad passes but still it makes you feel so great to really leave it all out there. I think its the cool air and the freedom skating brings. I really don't know but to me it is the best sport to play.
It kills me to travel so much and not play more. Worse than that -rarely in the US can you see any NHL games and the coverage of the results is absolutely minimal. I have watched sports center for an additional half hour just to see what 15 second snippet I missed.
It will be a wild run to the playoffs. The Leafs will come back make the playoffs and beat buffalo in six games in the first round. They will lose to the penguins in the next round. I think it will be Ottawa as the team from the east. In the west..I predict the Flames will win the west and go to the cup and lose to Ottawa. I love hockey...
Go leafs...

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

So since I'm not a hockey fan probably becuz I haven't really been exposed to it to really appreciate it...I cheer with you--Go leafs!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Leafs? THE LEAFS? :P man... the FLAMES is where it's at. My daughter's significant other cheers for the OILERS...but what's a woman to do...can't kill him the kid loves him.. meh...

And you know the last time I got hot for hockey from preseason to playoffs was when Lanny got his ring..., oh yeah the Flames also won the cup that year. *grin*. So I'll let you all know when that happens again. Hate to see you hockey fans wasting your time watching all those games from pre to post season. I mean just think of all the loving attention you could be lavishing on your wives?

Rocket Richard, Pepper, Lanny, Gretsky(boohiss bleah), Eddie, KooRRNN WHHY AYYY, not those guys knew how to play hockey.

Little story for you. Last year my stepgrandson was out behind the house in the alley playing stick hockey with some chums. Some neighbour (old witch more like) called the cops. The cops, they came...and spent 40 mins playing a pick up game against the boys. NOW THAT'S HOCKEY. :)

tRu

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I think we need an up date here. ;-)

Where are we in the play offs?

Yeah.. I'm back and kicking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home