Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Satisifaction


I am back... and No for those who wonder I have not found myself nor solved the problems of the world. There is still too much war and violence and too much poverty but I was not away fixing such.
On the hockey scene Calgary and Toronto were eliminated early so my interest in the playoffs was for a hockey enthusiast rather than a real fan. The good news is that once the Ducks won the cup the Leafs are back in it... I think this is our Year.
I have been making my peace with the world on my weekly hike. This week I was in the elbow valley on a day of mid sixties, a bit of sunshine and a slight breeze. The walk exhausts me but gives me time to think. to get myself organized and to think of things that slip by us during the day. I have often though that it would be good to have a hiking partner but there is a certain satisfaction that emanates from a a journey in solitude. You think more. I don't think the world thinks enough.
yes when you are walking up a continual slope you do think.."why did I come on this stupid hike" but when you finish and start back down from the summit its all worth it... The scenery is so green- sucking the carbon dioxide out of the air... you just have to marvel at the expanse of it all..
My goal is to to walk to the top of a mountain whose summit is well above the treeline. I am hoping to be ready for the weekend at the end of June....
other than that life is ok...work is crazy...

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Hey there!
I was caught by your statement
"the world doesn't think enough"
I agree. I think we get so caught up in the don't matters or we caught up on what WE need that WE forget about such important things as each other, our environment, etc.
Many blessings!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger guttergirl said...

Glad to have you back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home