Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dial Up...

Tonight I am a 48 year old man currently in his parents basement surfing the net on a dial up connection.

I know I should be happy. If I am on business in Toronto I always stay with my parents. They are hurt if I don't and really its ok... My mother has breakfast on the table in the morning. She stands by to pour the milk in my cereal or my coffee because I must be incapable of doing such a task. my coffee is poured for me and brought to the table and my grapefruit is sugared and pre cut to make my life easier...

My dad pontificates on how much fibre he is getting and how much I am getting etc etc etc..

We all watch baseball on TV in the evening even though I am not much of a fan... but all of that is ok if....

I wasn't spoiled on high speed internet.... this post has no picture because it would take too long to find one... I feel myself growing older with every minute of dial up...it wears on you

so... there is no interesting post tonight (not that its common to have one) I am bored to tears in the basement and there is no escape... its about a 28k connection at best..

yes I am spoiled..tell me what you are doing tonight so I can feel worse...

10 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Spoilt..better watch out..if God finds out.. he'll start coming down pretty hard on your too! LOL But if I can take it, I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble sucking it in.... ;-)

Does this mean you'll be sleeping in your old room and bed too? Cool!

You are spoilt indeed to have your parents dote over you the way they do... you probably don't get to see each other very often I suppose...

If you're bored, go to the site I sent you...she seems like a very interesting read! wink

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger hockeyman said...

God Knows....

I actually see my folks about once a month and imagine that they are still happy to see me... imagine that..

thanks for the website but I have been there before and its hard to watch people swimming and enjoy it when you are thirsty.... no matter how muc you love swimming...

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swimming, huh?

Were we on the same site?

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger hockeyman said...

well maybe it wasn't exactly swimming on the web site but I am sure you will get my drift...

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

In Toronto?? Will you still be there from July 18 to Aug 5th? Could you imagine having a coffee together?
In just a few weeks my own parents will be treating me in just the same way and I'll be so incredibly happy :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great invite Hockeyman.. ;-)

But please stay OUT of the water, will ya! wink

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

hey travellor one...call me.. Isent you my toronto numbers to Gmail..

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was your date.."cough" I mean coffee... wink

Were you able to resist that swim?

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger SteakGirl said...

Happy belated birthday.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Well, I'm late but as on this day as you sat bored to tears in the basement---this was the night of laying on a cot for three hours. This was the night that my mermaid on my right hip was born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home