Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What is fun........




Hmmm this is an interesting question.. what does the Hockeyman consider fun?




I think to start with we have to agree that there is a difference between enjoyment and fun. I find enjoyment in reading a novel. (7 books this year, last novel DeNiro's game, current novel Sammy's hill) Its hard to describe it as fun.




I think fun has the ability to make us smile ear to ear and perhaps even laugh out loud...




So.. I like to play hockey... playing hockey is fun, watching hockey is enjoyable. Pick up hockey on the pond in the winter is way fun..




Talking to interesting people is fun. I travel a lot so I am in situations where I meet people who might in other situations not tell you their story. But on a plane or waiting in line or having breakfast they tell you their story... whether they are an investment banker from chicago coming for a wild ski holiday or a woman who left Vancouver because the "Toronto GUYS" had moved in and forced her out of the drug selling business, or the marine private on his way to iraq I love to talk to people about heir lives.. this can be fun..




The hockeyman loves a physical challenge... I will be walking up a mountain this weekend and should I get tot he top I shall be like a little boy proud as a peacock.




teasing people in a fun way is fun... people like to be poked...My brother and I had fun two weeks ago at his fiftieth birthday party ...him teasing me...me poking him... wearing my "50 years of Joe" tshirt




yes I like parties and I like going for a drink but really its all about meeting people and getting them to really talk to you....if that happens its way fun..




yes I like art, I like music (meatloaf) but fun is more complex..
come on.... what are the two things that are most fun for you

4 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Even "way back when" you were quite a tease!

For me... singing out loud is fun (and yeah I ALWAYS sing Meatloaf at Karaoke!)
... and splashing in water is also fun!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

still won't forget that worm will ya....

I have to admit that the new "rocker" picture suits you and so the mental image of you singing Meatloaf is ok...

Now in Calgary in 1979 when meatloaf raced across the stage and did a somersault in the middle of a rendition of johnny B good... either that was fun or the drinking that preceeded it made it seem fun...

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Fun?
Bikers Week Myrtle Beach 2007.

Dancing.

Karoake.

Pool parties.

Anything to do with the beach.

Riding The Beast Paramount King's Island, Cincinnati OH

Playing with my pugs.

Spontaneous outings with some of my friends when they think up an idea to go out at the last minute.

I could go on.......

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun...

Reinventing the world with my girl friends... ;-)

Walking on the beach in Wells, Maine at sunrise...

Taking my little Honey out in her stroller and watching her run at the park....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home