Monday, October 08, 2007

The leafs and life



Yes Hockey season is back. Although I love to play hockey I am also a fan. All my life I have cheered for the Toronto Maple leafs. I remember clearly when they last won the cup in 1967. I always start every season with optimism that they will repeat.

They haven't -- they have good teams but fail in the playoffs or bad teams and don't make it that far. You think one year will be our year but it never seems to work out.

As a leaf fan you have to enjoy the season and each game because or else you will live your life depressed for the last 40 years.

Kind of like life itself. You might want to win the cup every year and believe you can do it but it just doesn't happen that way. Someone has to win but it might not be you. I have to kick myself to enjoy the day or the moment and not to worry too much about winning the cup. If I do it will be grand but having a winning season is good. To wallow in pain because the cup is not won would be a waste of 40 years.

So.. I will exercise tomorrow. I will eat smartly. I will have a couple of conversations with friends. I will do something charitable. and I wont worry that I might still be fat out of shape and not Mother Teresa a year from now. I want to enjoy every moment.

In the meantime lets go leafs...

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needless to tell you what the big buzz is about with the Montreal Habs... Carey Price of course... they seem to be putting a lot of hope into this young man.

I think it's important to live our lives to the fullest! ;-)

Being a winner... hummmm depends how you want to define the word...

That last paragraph is very well said...

Who wants to be perfect? Way too much pressure. Try to be the best person that I can be... that I can do... wink

Thank you for your comment today, I appreciate it...

Take care and enjoy the hockey season.. whether the Leafs win or not... as long as you're cheering them on and having fun! ;-)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Reasonable Female said...

Lookit all the cubbie fans dear... it could happen.

I'm a leafs fan too. Although I do like the Flames.

It's funny, the one season I truly remember being excited about hockey from pregame to cup final was when Lanny got his ring.

Hugs
tRu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home