Sunday, September 02, 2007

HOCKEY IS COMING!!!!!!!!!



Take note of the picture. The poplars are starting to turn!!!!! I saw two leaves flutter to the ground.

Pond hockey cannot be far away.

Yes of course, it was a glorious day in the mountains today seventy five and clear. And there is no real hint of winter other than a little frost this week.

But there is no mistaking it-- summer is fading and fall is proceeding.

I love to play hockey on a frozen lake or pond more than just about anything. So for me the cool nights are encouraging even if we are still months away.

I shall see if we have a quick winter if concern over global warming cools. I am still undecided on the effect of global warming. I note that we are having a warm summer and the warmest since the 1930's. Sooooooo... what was so special about the 1930's. I know I know... the CO2 content in air is up to the high 379 ppm's... But this encourages plant growth which removes the CO2 from the air.. If I really believed in the effect of global warming I would invest in shipping through the Northwest passage. (Which was completely open this year)

Fall is coming/here lets enjoy it.

3 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hockey is not happening here this week.

Since we've gone back to school, it's been in the 30s C. oohhhh quite hot and humid. Odd for September, especially that August was quite cool!

Strange...

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

it is strange Nancybee.. the poplars at the end of the street are completely turned fall colours...

I am still wearing shorts but many people wore winter coats this morning...

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trees haven't started changing as of yet.

I must say that I do enjoy fall for the crisp air and the beautiful colours...

How cold was it if people were wearing winter coats????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home