Saturday, December 08, 2007

Winter wilderness


Winter is here and its the coldest November December in 5 years here. When we had the warmest July in 5 years we all worried about climate change.
I love winter but even I have to pry myself to get out when its below -10 C yet when I do I love it...I love the cold..the coffee afterward.
Now some of us go to San Salvador and lie on the beach and some of us go outside and watch our breath come alive from our mouths and feels the snow crunch beneath our feet.
Maybe I just love coffee...
I do have a confession... I shot this picture from the plane as I returned from three days in San Fran... while they froze here....

8 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed... ;-)

I will be basking in the warm sun of San Salvador.. lol

I can drink coffee when I get back... cause it's been quite cold here as well...

I guess it wasn't too bad for you in San Francisco! lol

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I can sit on your lap if you like... wink

See how very well-behaved I am..and promise to do the same with you.... lol

:-)

LOL

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Gorgeous shot!
As of right now no snow yet in
Kentucky. Maybe tonight.
You know, in KY they freak out when a flake falls.
I understand that some folk live around mountains and hills that
have roads that are impassable.
In KY we don't have the right equipment to clear snow. I guess they feel it is too expensive to own that equipment when it really doesn't snow as much as say up North somewhere.

Tho snow is pretty and I will say when I have gone out in the crisp air it does make feel alive. And that cup of hot cocoa or cappucino
afterward is so darn good.
BUT
I'll take my sunshine, sunglasses,
flip flops, lounging on float in the pool, with a frozen margarita type of day over it!

:)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

I was out on Golden pond skating this afternoon and the ice is about 10 inches thick...

It was glorious

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Hope you had a Merry Chrismtas!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Hey Hockeyman!
Long time no see!

Still no snow my way!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas
and have a very Happy New Year!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a rockin' New Year's Day! wink

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger daisyduke said...

that coffee you drink when you come in from the oh so cold out of doors, is grown in sunny El Salvador, San Salvador, Honduras...those sunny beachy places...so even though you opt for the sub-zero, you're still connected to us hotties!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home