Sunday, November 25, 2007

Negative Advertizing is Un Canadian



During the hockey game on TV last night I was again subjected to irresponsible stupid political advertising. This time it was the Conservative party of Canada running anti Stephane Dion ads under the banner "not a leader" They even have a website called notaleader.ca

Its embarrassing that these ads would even be marginally effective.

Negative ads follow the same pattern. They take a quote from the target -out of context - then add their own words around the quote to make the target look like an idiot. They usually add a picture of their intended victim in some less and positive position or facial impression to finish off the piece.

Canadians should go to Notaleader.ca and look at the tv advertising to see the depth of the irresponsible crap being pushed forward.

I will be honest- I am not a fan of Stephane Dion but we need to take the high road and everytime a conservative politician comes with earshot hammer him or her for assuming the electorate has a single digit IQ and making divisive advertising.

For those of you who are not familiar with Canadian politics- Stephane Dion is the leader of the Liberal party and the Conservative party lead by Stephen Harper is currently in power. There is no election underway but one could be called at anytime.

Stupid ads during hockey should be banned as a matter of course..

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

It's not the time and certainly NOT the place.

I was talking about Dion with my family last night. I find that he looks and acts dumb.

My uncle was saying that he has political smarts but hasn't mastered the way to get it out effectively...

That's about what I know about politics.. I'm NOT into it period!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home