Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ski Season opens...

yes winter is here..the lake is frozen over, it was 2F this morning and there was a couple of cars in the ditch...

so I went to ski... its US thanksgiving and I celebrated by giving thanks for quiet phones and no meetings and distracted coworkers by heading for the mountains .

The sense of renewal is always startling for me.

it begins when there is that wave of fear when you get to the top of the lift for the first run... will I have forgotten.. , its too cold...( it was -14 C ) , I should take an easy run.... in the end I never do that... I get started it feels good and away I go..

Fear when you ski is part of the appeal... we are men- if we don't get at least a little scare it never feels right... I caught an edge wiped out and the day was good.. I need that... I don't really want to live a safe life I want to take risks- start a business or ski over my head either one has to happen or richard is a dull boy

today was a great day... even the bighorns were out having fun...doing guy stuff together






9 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? No power tools today? What's going on? ;-)

Looks like you had a good time! Wooooohooooooo going down the slopes....

Guys??? Really??? I thought they were kissing... wink

Enjoy your time off....

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

I really should be drilling or sawing as we speak but I am wasted from the day..I will have to work up to a full ski day...

It is a great feeling to be physically tired...

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Physical activity.. yeah... can't wait to get back into it!!!!!

But you won't get me on those slopes! lol

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

come on Nance.. Tremblant is fab tastic... you can do it... of course once your knee heals..

its getting closer...

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Mont Tremblant! It's indeed a great place. I could always meet you there for a cup of Java after YOU come down those slopes! lol

A walk around the place would be wonderful. ;-)

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean we won't be meeting for coffee? ;-)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Great pics!
A skier?
How cool?
I have never attempted snow skiing.
I have a feeling that I wouldn't do so good. God Rest Sono Bono's soul, but I bet that would be the way I would go and soon as I donned me some skis!
Yes, I know I must embrace life a little more and take some chances.
But have I mentioned that I'm a clutz by nature?

Good for you!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

I was even at MOnt Tremblant in the summer...some fancy lake there...I love it there..

and Blessed.. I wear a helmut for my personal klutz-itis

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? and you didn't tell me...

Nancy pounting now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home