Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter


Ah the Mysterious mountain...How was it formed?..how long ago?..shrouded in clouds- what secrets does it hold... ? Prabably none-- it is part of a big ski resort in Banff but it makes you wonder

I went skiing yesterday. Today my legs hurt, its two advil to move and my face is burning. This is the evidence of a great ski day. It snowed lightly all day. At the top you could barely see and the snow was whipped against your face. The "why am I here" type stinging... then as you descended the wind slowed and the light snow turned to pleasure as you float over it. You could ski anything...black, double black..the snow made it easy... I was temepted to go to the delerium dive...way way beyond my ability but you couldn't see at all up there and if I am going to risk life and limb I want pictures to remember it by... to say nothing of skiing off a cliff kind of thing.

Skiing to me is the best when you are on the edge... scared..but exilerated ...tired yet happy. I fell three times and got face whipped by a tree but they were just part of the fun...

I had been tempted to write about Easter and faith today but maybe later...now I am still basking in the glory of God and the ski hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home