Friday, April 07, 2006

Corporate life



I have lived my whole life to live in the corporate world. Sorted out how to behave, how to dress(although clearly I still need work) , how to talk to the big boys and how to survive for 20 plus years..

But some things shake you. They punted one of the guys I work with today after 25 years with the company. I thought he was the MVP of our group, knew his stuff, helpful, tough when he needed to be, and smart. The word is he was not liked at the very senior part of the company. What the heck does that mean? I work with him all the time. What did they see that I didn't?

I think their impressions are wrong but no one ever gets to court to really prove their point. Yes he got a good settlement and he is relatively Ok with it but why him? Am I next? I am reminded of that poem that says when they came for me there was no one left to speak up for me.

People are loyal to companies-but companies by their very nature cannot be loyal to people

It just makes me mad.... I need to either go play some hockey or find an interesting painting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home