Friday, March 10, 2006

Perfect Friday .........



Sometimes, like today, I like to ski alone...To just chat with the odd person on the lift and that enjoy the solitude. Maybe there is an element of factual appreciation as really I had no one to ski with but none the less I always look forward to it.. I wonder-would I have enjoyed it more with company?

The air was cold -12 C (11 F) but there was no wind and bright sunshine. Glorious day. You were fine on the lift and the cold air would sting you if I went too fast on the way down.

The stinging in the face is all part of the appeal. Three things draw me too it... First is the danger- its like a drug -I never do really crazy stuff but I never really consider it a good day unless I have been scared or had a big wipeout. Second is the scenery. I would go just for that. The picture is from the top of the mountain looking north east up the Kannanaskis valley... Finally its the physical nature of it. I want my face stung and to be hot after as I feel the sun. I want my legs to burn and start to chatter as I cruise from the top to the bottom without stopping. I love that feeling. I love staggering to the car at the end of the day- my legs spent. I almost never stop once I start. I never go in to get warm or to stop for a coffee or lunch... I just go because I want to feel it.

and yes... The hockeyman finished the day by playing hockey. Needless to say his legs spent once during the day, it was no where near his finest performance.

Glorious glorious Friday.

ok...come ski with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home