Saturday, January 28, 2006

Somedays the smallest things make you feel better

This was my rental vehicle in the maritimes this week. It snowed I spun...I stomped but all in all I loved that truck. There is nothing like a brand new (543Km) ford F150 loaded to make a boy feel good about driving.

The trip to the maritimes was like walking through memory lane. The guys were all happy to see me. They hadn't changed- the problems in 95 are still the problems today, and the good things are still the good things.

Its strange to go from Calgary where there are few political signs and little interest in the federal election and to drive around halifax and see signs from all three parties well represented. The Geoff Regan Liberal signs were out there big and red and bold as opposed to the liberal signs in Calgary which try to hide the party. The guys -who are a rugged bunch stayed up until at least 1 to see the results on Monday night. Politics is still alive and well there
I will post another on how I think the Canadian election went.

In the end, I drove a big truck and the people are the best. The food is always a little weak and too many smart people feed at the public trough and the drivers are too polite but the people are the best in Canada. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home