Saturday, March 25, 2006

WIMP!!!!!!!!!!!


Today I packed up the car...got ready to go skiing... a solitary day on the slopes.. My Saturday!!!!!...

It started snowing as soon as I got 20 minutes outside the city. Near Bragg creek I slid to a stop . Just past Cochrane I skidded a little on the highway. I decided that the winter storm warning for later in the day was upon me. I bailed wimped out.. poofed out ---went home.

Yes Blog readers a sad sad state of affairs-- when I was in my thirties I would have had Meatloaf on in the tape machine and I would have not thought a thing about it until I arrived there. All the way back I beat myself up.

The bad part is that the less you have to live for the more you wimp out. When I was thirty I had two little kids...no money, mortgages etc etc.... now I have a little money, kids are grown or close enough, I have had enough fun to last me.... yet I was a more of a strap me in and let it rip kind of guy fifteen years ago.

I feel like turning around again and baring the weather. Instead I went for an urban hike down the creek. It was nice.. me and the rest of the old geezers in the neighbourhood were out.

Okay I need therapy. I shall beat this back.. I shall not get older... I will go pump a little iron or play a little hockey and take my skirt off. I hate getting old.

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Yeah Meatloaf!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

I have three cds...Meatloaf Bat out of Hell. Boston, and Hymns of the 49th parrallel (incase I have women in the car...)

Meatloaf...

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

OH that's funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home