Friday, March 17, 2006

Saint Patricks Day



Ah St. Paddy's day... When we all want to be Irish... and we eat corned beef and cabbage and we drink green beer till we are happy and Irish....

Thats the myth. It just never seems to happen for me. I can't think of one good event that I ever went to or any fun that I have ever had on St. Patricks day. No I am not Irish. But I am Catholic so I could fake it in a heartbeat. Its the national event day driven by the green dye manufacturer association of America. After all why else would anyone wear green? Green food dye, green beer... Green green green

I have gone to Irish pubs on St. Patricks day... You can't move inside them but they never seem that raucous or fun loving. I have tried corned beef and cabbage in Irish pubs and come away thinking good God now I know why they only celebrate once a year.

Maybe Canada is just too reserved for a proper celebration. I yearn for it. I drink..Ok not like I used too...and only socially but I can fake it.... I don't guzzle anymore but hey I would cheer you on if thats what it took to celebrate. When I went to university I tried to never miss a party - but I never remember a good St. Paddy's day one.

Is it just me... In my 46 St. Patrick days have I just dodged the party? Have I been too busy to go to the parade..? feared of wearing green as being too much of a weenie colour? Statistically I have had at least 14 St Patricks days that were on either Friday or Saturday night....

Come on-- is it just me?

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

at least you have been in the parade.....moi...nada... its been a dud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home