Monday, April 10, 2006

A Book Meme


I was reading Travellor One's blog today and she had a book Meme. I always wonder what other people read. I didn't do too badly but I stay away from the fantastic or supernatural so that let me out of a few....

I am currently reading Swallowing Stones by Lisa St. Aubin de Teran... (with a name like that how could it be bad?) it is a fictionalized account of Oswaldo Barreto Miliani who was an advisor to Castro, Allende, and other revolutions...I will tell you what I think when I am done...

Meme instructions: Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and place parentheses around (or strike through) the ones you've never even heard of.


The Meme......

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown --I think I Rosemarie and I are the last to read this book…
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger-- Classic thanks to ..Mark David Chapman
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
(The Time Traveler's Wife) - Audrey Niffenegger
(His Dark Materials) - Philip Pullman
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
Life of Pi - Yann Martel--- Fantastic…really a wonderful book
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell -- Social Studies standard fare
Catch -22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon----I love this book
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez ---The most complicated book in the entire known universe.
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden.
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini A boy book… all of our fears… Most personally enjoyable book on the page
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold UGH….
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
(The Secret History) - Donna Tartt
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides Now here is book that is interesting
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Atonement - Ian McEwan = I hate this guy..I just read Amsterdamn which won the 98 booker… I would run over him with my car if he was in my driveway
(The Shadow Of The Wind) - Carlos Ruiz Zafon =
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway.
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood. You don’t say hey…. I’ll read Margaret Atwood…you have to go into concentration training exercises for a couple of weeks…
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert

so tell me....whats your favorite book on the list

3 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Ian McEwan.. Atonement & Amsterdam-- aren't thay awful? What's with all the praise???

Try reading Shadow of the Wind- I think you'll like it!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger hockeyman said...

I jsut don't see. it... Amsterdam won the Booker in 1998 and it was distinctly disappointed... The endign was contrived and rushed probably mostly to save the reader further anguish

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger tekstuelt said...

I've just been reading "Oryx and Crake" by M. Atwood and I must say: I really hated it. I hated the narrator. I can't understan why I red all of it. I had heard of Atwood and thought, maybe there is more too it than pretentious referanses. Instead of explaining why I hated the narator, and my self as a naratee - If you'ld like -, I'll share with you 3 of the books I did like:

1."The mysterious incident with the dog at night time" -Mark Huddon

2."Politcs" - Adam Thirlwell

3."Hunger" - Knut Hamsund

(sorry my bad english)
check out my blog: halklikk.blogspot.com.

Nice blog, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home