Saturday, April 08, 2006

Spring is Here


Spring is here. Its time to shake off the winter , get over hockey and get out and about.

Yes Blog fans I went to try a little tennis today. Of course I had no one to play with but I did go play against that big wood wall and I whipped it...
I hit for about 45 minutes and it felt great.

The funny thing about exercise is that when you are sitting at home... watching tv or goofing off.. you think..naw..I'll stay here and then when you actually will yourself out and about and it invigorates you and you want more.. feed me.. Come on you passing car..see me playing alone jump out and offer to play. Never happens but still after 45 minutes two things happen. I decide I am completely out of shape and second I think wow this was great --I have to do this more because it was great.

I make resolutions every year to exercise daily but it never works out. I need to get out more. I know I do. Our brains are funny things- sometimes you can actually believe that there are two tiny people in there- one saying..Hockeyman..stay here ----you are warm and content if you have to get up...get a cookie... ---- the other saying come on...get out...lets get a game... you need it you fat boy...come on...

its complicated but I need the energetic one to win... ... Poor Andre..one says play and one says eat...

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Haha! Just this morning P and I were watching the Paris Marathon and we looked at each other and said "Wouldn't that be something- to rn the Paris marathon? Should we make it a goal for the two of us?" "NAHHHHHHHH"

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger hockeyman said...

Ya published a picture of Peter running and we are off to the marathon....LOL I have to admit I hate running... I ran the bridge to PEI the day it opened-- I had not run collectively 13 km's in my life to that point- so I consider that mountain climbed..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home