Sunday, May 08, 2005

I needed to have a Guy weekend bad..

Somedays we men just have to be men. We need to fix engines.. play sports.. eat things off the barbeque.. Yesterday was one of those days...Jetski Montego tigershark 1994 has not run in four years.. (yes a uselss waste of money) tires flat on the tailer lights not working.. got the business.. the real deal.. auto parts store.. read the manual.. new battery.. new spark plugs.. and wooom woom woom..the roar in my garage was music to my ears.. Next up the big bike ride.. I have a mountain bike and I was full of myself riding off trail paths ... hoping over small twigs feeling like joe mountain bike man not the fat forty six year old that I am in real life... I crossed one stream,.. no problem.. took the main creek in what I thought was an inch of water.. fell in the middle... fucking cold.. but I felt like a man who is part idiot... steak for dinner.. Now thats a saturday...

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger West Coast Woman said...

I see you've had a birthday since you began your blog. Happy Birthday!

And congratulations on a weekend of self-indulgence. I sometimes think those do more to heal us than any number of therapy sessions.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Reasonable Female said...

well at least you got the steak for dinner part right ;P
Pulling wrenches isn't just for guys... but when you do it for fun, not out of necessity then it's FUN... I got on a horse and rode again today. How's that for self indulgence?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home